What is adventure? It not only means very unusual experience or excitement but also means taking a chance of something. So if you thought you can have an adventure only when you have plenty of time for vacation or on a weekend hanging out in the mountains, then you are missing a lot of fun.
Taking chances and doing something you have never done before or feel that you could never do is an awesome adventure. These are little things that make you feel alive and freshen you up after the busy routine.
A while back, I was bored of everyday routine work; Honestly, I didn’t have much spare time for myself even on weekends. I had to wait for certain holidays or once/twice a year vacations for some adventures. So I thought of creating a journal and writing up things I would enjoy doing in life.
Writing up these things pushed me a little more and I started doing those projects after work and enjoyed a lot. Below are some things I wrote in my journal. Maybe you would like to try a few if not all.
- Learn to be a better Photographer.
- Cook and eat a new recipe from a different culture once every other week
- Learn a language you’ve never heard of before.
- Adopt a pet- a dog, cat or even a small bird.
- Change your look-hairstyle- hair color, your dressing style.
- Plant some tomatoes veggies and herbs in your garden. Take care of them and watch them grow.
- Learn your family tree and put it together in a creative way.
- Plan to meet someone you haven’t met in a long time.
- Learn to play a game you love but are not good at-chess, mahjong etc.
- Take a walk in the rain.
- Learn to paint landscapes or anything you like.
- Find things you haven’t used in a while and sell them on eBay or craigslist. Start from the lowest price and see how much it sells for.
- Keep your internet off for a few days and see what difference it makes to your life. Note down all the different things you did in your journal.
- Eat something you never liked and thought it was nasty.
- Make up a song and sing in front of your friends.
- Write a biography. Everything you remember from your childhood.
- Go camping in your backyard.
- Ride a bike everywhere you go for a day or two.
- Plan a surprise birthday party for someone you love in a unique way.
- Spend time with an elder person and listen to their life stories -put a smile on their face.
Have you ever thought of doing any similar adventures? Please share.